News And Events
Attention Kids! Enter our Poster Contest!
Northern Plains is sponsoring a safety poster contest for children ages Kindergarten to sixth grade. The purpose of the safety poster contest is to make children aware of the dangers of electricity. At Northern Plains, safety always comes first, and we are dedicated to doing our part to teach children how to be safe around electricity. Winners will be announced on our Facebook page and featured in the Northern Plains local pages of the North Dakota Living magazine. So grab your art supplies and be creative!
- Posters must be on white, 8.5x11 inch paper.
- Posters must depict the theme, “How to stay safe around electricity”.
- Print the child’s name, address, age and parent’s names on the back of the poster.
- Child must be a dependent of a current Northern Plains member.
- Entries must be submitted to a Northern Plains office (Cando or Carrington) or mailed to: Northern Plains Electric Cooperative, PO Box 608, Cando, ND 58324 by deadline of 4:30 pm on Friday, March 22, 2019.
- Kindergarten and 1stGrade
- 2ndand 3rdGrade
- 4thto 6thGrade
PRIZES (For each category)
- 1stprize: $20
- 2ndprize: $15
- 3rdprize: $10