Interested in running for the board of directors?
Northern Plains Electric Cooperative’s (NPEC) annual meeting will be held June 2, 2021 at Rugby High School in Rugby.
Due to the bylaw changes that passed by the membership at the 2020 annual meeting, the membership voted to dissolve district meetings. Director elections will now take place during the annual meeting.
Nine board members make up the NPEC board of directors that set policies and make decisions that guide the cooperative into the future. The cooperative is divided into three districts, with three directors representing each district. With the annual meeting just a few short months away, now is the time for members to start thinking about whether they have the time and desire to serve their electric cooperative.
The board meets on the fourth Monday of each month to make decisions regarding budget, policy, rates and other co-op business. Meetings alternate between the Carrington and Cando offices and typically last a good share of the day. In addition to monthly meetings, NPEC directors often attend meetings and conferences of the statewide association. Directors are compensated for their time.
To run for director, members must:
- Receive NPEC electric service at your primary residential abode and you may only run in the district in which you reside.
- Obtain a petition from our offices in either Carrington or Cando or call for one to be mailed.
- Obtain at least 15 signatures from NPEC members.
- Submit a petition by April 22, 2021.
- Attend the annual meeting.
For more information, call 800-882-2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org