February 1, 2023
NPEC announces 5th annual safety poster contest
Annually, Northern Plains Electric sponsors a safety poster contest for children in kindergarten to sixth grade. The purpose of the safety poster contest is to help make children aware of the dangers of electricity. At Northern Plains, safety always comes first, and we are dedicated to doing our part to teach children how to be safe around electricity. Winners will be announced on our Facebook page and featured in the Northern Plains local pages of the North Dakota Living magazine. So, grab your art supplies and be creative!
- Create on white, 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
- Posters must depict the theme: “How to stay safe around electricity”.
- Print the child’s name, school grade, address, and parents’ names on the back of the poster.
- Only dependents of a current Northern Plains member are eligible.
- Submit entries to either Cando or Carrington offices or mail to:
Northern Plains Electric Coop.
Attn: Poster Contest
PO Box 608
Cando, ND 58324
- Deadline is March 15, 2023.
- Kindergarten to first grade
- Second to third grade
- Fourth to sixth grade
Prizes in each category
- First: $20
- Second: $15
- Third: $10
Past Winners in 2022
Kindergarten- 1st grade
1st place: Aiden van Graan, Wolford
2nd place: Isla Reed, Churchs Ferry
3rd place: Rylee Coleman, Carrington
1st place: Samantha David, Cando
2nd place: Joshua Stegmiller, Jamestown
3rd place: Nora Herman, Minnewaukan
1st place: Michelle David, Cando
2nd place: Emrie Dilley, Cando
3rd place: Sophie Gable, Cando
2022 Poster Contest Winners