February 1, 2022
NPEC announces 4th annual safety poster contest
Annually, Northern Plains Electric sponsors a safety poster contest for children in kindergarten to sixth grade. The purpose of the safety poster contest is to help make children aware of the dangers of electricity. At Northern Plains, safety always comes first, and we are dedicated to doing our part to teach children how to be safe around electricity. Winners will be announced on our Facebook page and featured in the Northern Plains local pages of the North Dakota Living magazine. So, grab your art supplies and be creative!
- Create on white, 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
- Posters must depict the theme: “How to stay safe around electricity”.
- Print the child’s name, school grade, address, and parents’ names on the back of the poster.
- Only dependents of a current Northern Plains member are eligible.
- Submit entries to either Cando or Carrington offices or mail to:
Northern Plains Electric Coop.
Attn: Poster Contest
PO Box 608
Cando, ND 58324
- Deadline is March 15, 2022.
- Kindergarten-first grade
- Second-third grade
- Fourth-sixth grade
Prizes in each category
- First prize: $20
- Second prize: $15
- Third prize: $10
Kindergarten- 1st grade
1st place: Aiden van Graan, Wolford
2nd place: Noelle Heinle, Buchanan
3rd place: Miley Gysbers, Egeland
1st place: Liza Steele, New Rockford
2nd place: Quinly Bercier, Rolla
3rd place: Christian Nystrom, Harvey
1st place: Carter Davis, Belcourt
2nd place: Emmi Odenbach, Buchanan
3rd place: Michelle David, Cando
2021 Poster Contest Winners