Youth Tour contest is currently closed.
HIGH SCHOOL SOPHOMORES & JUNIORS,
WIN THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME!
An All-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C.!
2023 Tour Dates
June 18-23, 2023
WHAT IS THE GOVERNMENT-IN-ACTION YOUTH TOUR?
Every June, as many as 1,500 high school students from across the country spend a week in the nation's capital as part of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. The students are sponsored by electric cooperatives – cooperatives that are committed to educating America's rural youth about America and the role electric cooperatives play in developing strong rural communities.
Participating in the Youth Tour is an awesome way to learn about this great nation, develop leadership skills, gain a better understanding of electric cooperatives, and make friendships that will last beyond the week!
TOP 3 REASONS TO ENTER THE ESSAY-WRITING CONTEST:
1. All-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., compliments of Northern Plains Electric Cooperative.
2. A whole week to visit unforgettable historic monuments, museums, and the U.S. Capitol.
3. A learning experience you'll never forget.
TO ENTER 2023 ESSAY WRITING CONTEST, STUDENTS MUST:
- Be a sophomore or junior in high school.
- You and your parents/guardian's primary residence must be served by Northern Plains Electric Cooperative.
- Write an essay. Include a cover page with your name, date of birth, name of high school and grade in school, parent or guardian's name, address, and telephone number. The essay is not to exceed two, standard 8.5-inch by 11-inch typewritten, double-spaced pages. Essay topic listed below.
- The deadline is January 20, 2023. You can email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a hard copy to: Northern Plains Electric, Youth Tour Essay Contest, PO Box 608, Cando, ND 58324.
If chosen as a Youth Tour delegate, you will be traveling to Washington, D.C. to experience and learn about America's rich history. What moment in American history do you wish you had been a part of and what would you have contributed?
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Contact Brittnee Wilson, Northern Plains Electric, at 701-968-3314 during regular business hours.
FIND MORE INFORMATION AT